(This is not in the right Category. Grumble. This computer jargon is driving me batty. Can someone tell me how to change this discussion's category?)

At the risk of geeking out...

I want to have fun at this tourney in Vegas, but I want to win bad! That being said, I need help in getting better. I think other people may want to get better too. Is someone willing to take the lead and set up some practices to work on different aspects of the game? Like stick handling, shooting, passing, and then bigger concepts like moving the ball out of your zone, shutting down the neutral zone, etc. I have no experience in working as a team and I want to be be more effective.

I think it is also important to set up a main coach-like figure(s) to provide some leadership and focus. I think everyone in this group is pretty damn humble, but it would be a pity for us to have little to no focus if no one speaks up or we continually concede to one another or there are so many opinions we don't commit to one and pursue it. This would also help us figure out general strategies for our offense, defense, and (geeky) special teams (read: what to do if we're short a player or getting our asses handed to us).

I really want to keep this thing fun.
I really want to stay relaxed.
I'm planning on it.
I think we can do these things and at the same time get one, two, or three people who know their shit and can help steer us to winning.

Adam

Views: 57

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Right on Adam! I like the enthusiasm. Graeme says we can get into a gym on QA hill on Wed. nights and start some practices. Definitely we need to start a weekly or bi-weekly session until the tourney after the holidays.
I agree w/ yah 100% man. Lets get some line combinations together and things like that. Unfortunately I won't be in or around Seattle from this Friday, December 14th until around January 10th. The reason I'm gone for so long is because train tickets don't go down again until around January 8th, and when I leave Michigan on the 8th it takes two days for me to get here on the 10th. Im gonna stay as fit as possible, and since I got out here I quit chewing tobacco and rarely drink which is a huge PLUS. Also, my buddy Paul is coming back w/ me from michigan and it looks like he'll be joining our team.

RSS

SSH Bank

SSH bank balance is at $75. Thanks to everyone who paid their dues. You can always donate to the ssh general fund by clicking the button below:

Capitalism

NHL News

© 2024   Created by vp.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service